- ‘Supertato Veggies and the Valley of Doom’ by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet
- Supertato and his box of vegetables
- Toy food
- Grimm’s building bricks and boards
- Ostheimer trees and fish tank plants
- Orange Circus scarf
First he read the scene in the aisle of the supermarket.
Then they moved on to the Valley of Doom.
Some pictures of him retelling the story again afterwards.
DfES Outcomes for EYFS and National Curriculum (2013)
English Year 1 programme of study
Reading – word reading
- apply phonic knowledge and skills as the route to decode words
- read aloud accurately books that are consistent with their developing phonic knowledge and that do not require them to use other strategies to work out words
- re-read these books to build up their fluency and confidence in word reading.