We had to document Cian’s first swim, at exactly 8 months.
- Swimming pool
- Swim suits
Cian absolutely loved kicking his legs and splashing in the water with his brothers. These happy faces say it all!
DfES Outcomes for EYFS (2013)
Communication and language
Listening and attention (Birth to 11 months)
• Reacts in interaction with others by smiling, looking and moving.
Speaking (Birth to 11 months)
• Practises and gradually develops speech sounds (babbling) to communicate with adults; says sounds like ‘baba, nono, gogo’.
Moving and handling (Birth to 11 months)
• Makes movements with arms and legs which gradually become more controlled.
Personal, social and emotional development
Self-confidence and self-awareness (Birth to 11 months)
- Laughs and gurgles, e.g. shows pleasure at being tickled and other physical interactions.
- Uses voice, gesture, eye contact and facial expression to make contact with people and keep their attention.
Managing feelings and behaviour (Birth to 11 months)
- Shows a range of emotions such as pleasure, fear and excitement.
Making relationships (Birth to 11 months)
• Enjoys the company of others and seeks contact with others from birth.